Bonnie Brae was developed in the 1920s on land that had been granted to the Kansas Paciﬁc Railroad in 1870. An active Denver businessman in the 1920s, George W. Olinger, named the neighborhood Bonnie Brae, which means “pleasant hill” in Gaelic. His vision was to recreate the atmosphere similar to a Scottish hillside. The neighborhood consists of mostly single-family tudors and impressive new builds with a few art-deco homes sprinkled throughout maintaining the nostalgic character of the area. Bonnie Brae Tavern (opened in 1934) and Bonnie Brae Ice Cream are just two of the many popular hang out spots in the area. Easy access to main highways makes commuting to the DTC or Downtown Denver a breeze.