The CoronaVirus Solution for Buyers and Sellers with Legitimate Concerns
During these unprecedented times, we (The Nelson Team) want to send our best wishes and thoughts to you and your loved ones.
When you buy a home, you are not just buying a house, you are buying into a community. Our communities are being called upon to come together to protect and serve one another in ways we never have before. In our own neighborhoods we have witnessed truly heartwarming examples of kindness during this time, neighbors rallying around their most vulnerable to deliver groceries or other necessary supplies, bartering resources to assure everyone has what they need, providing meals or helping with childcare to those on the front lines, continuing to support their area small businesses by utilizing take away options or buying gift cards for future use and, of course, how could we not mention the Italians filling the empty streets with the beautiful sounds of hope and solidarity.
In that spirit, we are putting all our efforts into being a helpful resource to you, our valued friends and clients…..and want to make sure you know we are available to you for any real estate needs or questions, connecting you with helpful community resources, Facetime check-ins, a grocery delivery….honestly anything else you may need as we navigate these uncharted waters together.
As we do have active listings, searches and transactions, we want to assure you that we are continuing about our business, but the health and well being of our team, our clients and our community are our utmost priority. We are taking a high level of precaution to protect everyone involved….some of the measures we instituted are as follows:
For our Sellers
Vetting showing requests before scheduling to assure they are serious buyers and have exhausted all digital options for learning about the property
Providing booties for all showings at our current or future listings
- Adding to our showing instructions to include a request that prospective buyers not touch anything while viewing the property, limit bringing children along and wear provided booties upon entering the home
- Restricting overlapping showings to limit the number of people in the house at one time
- Filming a video walk-through of the property to send to prospective Buyers and Buyer’s Agent if they are not able to see the house in person
Suspending open houses and instead making additional online marketing resources available for our listing
- Providing checklists for our Sellers to complete before and after a showing (ie: disinfect faucets, doorknobs, light switches, appliance handles, tables in main areas, etc.)
For our Buyers
- Providing booties and gloves for both the Agent and Buyers when showing a property
- Requesting our Buyers not to sit on any furniture while at a property
- Previewing properties for you via a video walk through of the property that can be emailed to you in lieu or in advance of a formal showing
We are in the business of building communities and it is important that we all do our part to contribute positively and proactively to keeping everyone in our communities healthy. Below is a link to information from the CDC regarding protecting yourself and our community:
Thank you, as always, for your continued support and sticking with us as we navigate through this situation together. We will emerge from this stronger and more connected than ever. Please reach out to any of us if there is anything we can do to help you through this situation, we are here for you.
In this moment of social distancing when hugs are out….Kathy reminds us that Kindness is Free!